Abiah made this style "up" for me when I was going to be showing you all my Gina dress (pictures found here and instructions for making your own here). The dress is still an all-time favorite --- in fact, Abiah and I have an idea for a Gina variation that we hope to work on soon! --- and I love the hairstyle too.
So without further gabbing, here's the Gina Up-Do Tutorial!
1. Brush out your hair (I washed my hair the night before and slept with it braided. Perfectly straight isn't necessary.) Also, my hair's probably what you would call 'mid-length' (though I'm growing it out a bit longer!), so it should work for several hair lengths.
2. Roll your entire head in hot rollers. We use these by Conair, and they are wonderful!
3. After your curlers have set for about 30 minutes, take out carefully (we start at the bottom), trying not to destroy the curl.
4. Part your hair in desired place (not all the way down the back of your head). I typically part mine slightly off center.
5. Run fingers lightly through hair, just enough to separate the curl. Starting on the right side, begin twisting a 1 1/2" to 2" portion of curled hair toward head and secure with bobby pins (it's okay if it at first looks like a balled-up jumble.)
6. Now, working on the left side, twist up hair and begin in same way as Step 5.
7. You now have both sides up (left photo). Start pinning up the middle sections in the same manner as sides. Abiah did about 4 in the middle.
8. Continue pinning until all hair is up and secure. Keep adding bobby pins if necessary (better safe than sorry)!
9. Spray with hairspray. We don't recommend using hair spray every day, but it's definitely necessary with this sort of style.
Now go make yourself a cute dress and sport your Gina Up-Do!!
xox Achaia & Abiah